MUSH SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, WE'VE GOT FUN AND GAMES

Go down

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, WE'VE GOT FUN AND GAMES Empty WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, WE'VE GOT FUN AND GAMES

Post  Void Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:44 pm

original hunt the wumpus code (found um here https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgb28j58_2hppmv2)
was for rhost

and there was much whining about it being rhost code because it doesn't work anywhere else because of their dumb functions

so here it is in mux/pennmush
yeah. if you're out there and you decide to make wumpus 2 or any of the variations, i wanna playem so bring them over. we're sitting at vermaxhosting.com 9956

@create Hunt the Wumpus=10
@Desc Hunt the Wumpus=%RThe videogame is a large, box-like affair standing almost one meter wide and two high. The back-lit plastic imagery around the sides depict a mighty square-jawed hero, combining key features of Hercules, Gilgamesh, and John Wayne, bearing a quiver of gleaming arrows against a slavering tentacled monster, tri-lobed eyes burning with insane murderous wrath. Our protagonist straddles a gaping pit, the jagged edges littered with yellowed bones, as a hoard of nightmarish bats bear down from shadowy heights. Along the periphery of the scene, scantily clad maidens clutch wringing hands to heaving bosoms as they gaze upon their rescuer in awe.%R%RSet in the center of all this action is the game's screen and controls. Three buttons below a black screen, displaying the occasional line of blocky off-yellow text.%R
&ROOM_1 Hunt the Wumpus=7 19 13
&ROOM_2 Hunt the Wumpus=12 18 20
&ROOM_3 Hunt the Wumpus=16 17 19
&ROOM_4 Hunt the Wumpus=11 14 18
&ROOM_5 Hunt the Wumpus=18 15 13
&ROOM_6 Hunt the Wumpus=9 16 14
&ROOM_7 Hunt the Wumpus=15 17 1
&ROOM_8 Hunt the Wumpus=16 10 20
&ROOM_9 Hunt the Wumpus=6 11 19
&ROOM_10 Hunt the Wumpus=17 12 8
&ROOM_11 Hunt the Wumpus=9 4 13
&ROOM_12 Hunt the Wumpus=10 15 2
&ROOM_13 Hunt the Wumpus=11 5 1
&ROOM_14 Hunt the Wumpus=4 6 20
&ROOM_15 Hunt the Wumpus=5 12 7
&ROOM_16 Hunt the Wumpus=6 3 8
&ROOM_17 Hunt the Wumpus=10 3 7
&ROOM_18 Hunt the Wumpus=5 4 2
&ROOM_19 Hunt the Wumpus=3 9 1
&ROOM_20 Hunt the Wumpus=8 2 14
&START-CMD Hunt the Wumpus=$+wumpus:@oemit %#=%N starts to play [name(me)].;@pemit [setq(1, inc(rand(20)))]%#=%R<GAME> You start the game.%R%R<GAME> You are in room No.%q1 %R<GAME> Tunnels: %R<GAME> [itemize(v(ROOM_%q1))];&loc_%# me=%q1;&arrows_%# me=5;&bat_rooms_%# me=randextract(setdiff(lnum(1, 20), %q1), 2);&pit_rooms_%# me=randextract(setdiff(lnum(1, 20), %q1 [u(BAT_ROOMS_%#)]), 2);&wumpus_%# me=randextract(setdiff(lnum(1, 20), %q1 [u(BAT_ROOMS_%#)] [u(PIT_ROOMS_%#)]), 1);@trigger me/NEARBY-CK=%#
&BAT_ROOMS Hunt the Wumpus=17 4
&PIT_ROOMS Hunt the Wumpus=6 13
&WUMPUS Hunt the Wumpus=9
&NEARBY-CK Hunt the Wumpus=@switch/all [sign(setinter(v(room_[v(LOC_%0)]), u(BAT_ROOMS_%0)))]|[sign(setinter(v(room_[v(LOC_%0)]), u(PIT_ROOMS_%0)))]|[sign(setinter(v(room_[v(LOC_%0)]), u(WUMPUS_%0)))]= 1|*|*, {@pemit %0=<GAME> . o O \(Bats nearby)}, *|1|*, {@pemit %0=<GAME> . o O \(I feel a draft)}, *|*|1, {@pemit %0=<GAME> . o O \(I smell a wumpus)}
&HERE-CK Hunt the Wumpus=@switch [sign(setinter(v(LOC_%0), u(BAT_ROOMS_%0)))]|[sign(setinter(v(LOC_%0), u(PIT_ROOMS_%0)))]|[sign(setinter(v(LOC_%0), u(WUMPUS_%0)))]= 1|*|*, {@pemit %0=%R<GAME> ZAP - Super Bat Snatch! Elsewhereville for you!!;&LOC_%0 me=randextract(setdiff(lnum(1, 20), %q1 [u(BAT_ROOMS_%0)] [u(PIT_ROOMS_%0)] [u(WUMPUS_%0)]), 1);@pemit %0=%R<GAME> You enter room No.[v(LOC_%0)] %R<GAME> Tunnels: %R<GAME> [itemize(v(ROOM_[v(LOC_%0)]))];@trigger me/nearby-ck=%0}, *|1|*, {@pemit %0=%R<GAME> YYYYIIIIEEEE . . . Fell in a pit. %R<GAME> Ha Ha Ha - You lose!;&LOC_%0 me;&ARROWS_%0 me;&BAT_ROOMS_%0 me;&PIT_ROOMS_%0 me;&WUMPUS_%0 me;@emit The game's lights dim.}, *|*|1, {@switch rand(4)=0,{@pemit %0=%R<GAME> Tsk Tsk Tsk - Wumpus got you! %R<GAME> Ha Ha Ha - You lose!;&LOC_%0 me;&ARROWS_%0 me;&BAT_ROOMS_%0 me;&PIT_ROOMS_%0 me;&WUMPUS_%0 me;@emit The game's lights dim.},{@pemit %0=%R<GAME> . . . Oops! Bumped a wumpus! %R<GAME> The wumpus has left.;&WUMPUS_%0 me=randextract(u(ROOM_[v(WUMPUS_%0)]),1)}}, @trigger me/nearby-ck=%0
&MOVE-CMD Hunt the Wumpus=$+wmove *:@switch/first [match(v(ROOM_[v(LOC_%#)]), %0)]|[hasattr(me, LOC_%#)]=*|0, @pemit %#=<GAME> Please type +wumpus to start the game., 0|1, {@pemit %#=<GAME> You can't go that way. %R%R<GAME> Tunnels: %R<GAME> [itemize(v(ROOM_[v(LOC_%#)]))]}, {&loc_%# me=%0;@pemit %#=%R<GAME> You enter room No.%0 %R<GAME> Tunnels: %R<GAME> [itemize(v(ROOM_%0))];@trigger me/here-ck=%#}
&SHOOT-CMD Hunt the Wumpus=$+wshoot */*:@switch/first [match(v(ROOM_[v(LOC_%#)]), %0)]|[hasattr(me, LOC_%#)]=*|0, @pemit %#=<GAME> Please type +wumpus to start the game., 0|1, {@pemit %#=<GAME> The arrows aren't that crooked. %R<GAME> Tunnels: %R<GAME> [itemize(v(ROOM_[v(LOC_%#)]))]},{@switch v(ARROWS_%#)=<1,{@pemit %#=<GAME> TWANG! No more arrows.%R<GAME> Ha Ha Ha - You lose!;&loc_%# me;&arrows_%# me;&BAT_ROOMS_%# me;&PIT_ROOMS_%# me;&WUMPUS_%# me;@emit The game's lights dim.},{@switch %1=>5,{@pemit %#=<GAME> You can't shoot an arrow that far.},{&arrows_%# me=dec(v(ARROWS_%#));@pemit %#=<GAME> You shoot an arrow into room No.%0;@trigger me/shoot-ck=%0, %1, %#}}}
&SHOOT-CK Hunt the Wumpus=@switch %1= <1,{@pemit %2=<GAME> Missed.;@switch rand(2)=0,{&wumpus_%2 me=pickrand(u(ROOM_[v(WUMPUS_%2)]));@wait 0={@switch sign(setinter(v(LOC_%2), v(WUMPUS_%2)))=1,{@pemit %2=<GAME> An angry wumpus comes into the room. %R<GAME> Ha Ha Ha - You lose!;&loc_%2 me;&arrows_%2 me;&BAT_ROOMS_%2 me;&PIT_ROOMS_%2 me;&WUMPUS_%2 me;@emit The game's lights dim.}}}},{@pemit %2=<GAME> - zip =>;@switch/first [sign(setinter(%0, u(WUMPUS_%2)))]|[sign(setinter(%0, u(LOC_%2)))]= 1|*, {@pemit %2=<GAME> Aha! You got the wumpus!%R<GAME> Hee Hee Hee - The wumpus'll get you next time!!;&loc_%2 me;&arrows_%2 me;&BAT_ROOMS_%2 me;&PIT_ROOMS_%2 me;&WUMPUS_%2 me;&WIN_%2 me=[add(before(v(WIN_%2),_), 1)]_%2;@emit The lights of [name(me)] flash as [name(%2)] wins the game!!}, *|1, {@pemit %2=<GAME> Ouch! Your arrow got you! %R<GAME> Ha Ha Ha - You lose!;&loc_%2 me;&arrows_%2 me;&BAT_ROOMS_%2 me;&PIT_ROOMS_%2 me;&WUMPUS_%2 me;@emit The game's lights dim.}, {@trigger me/shoot-ck=[randextract(v(ROOM_%0), 1)], [dec(%1)], %2}}
&HELP1 Hunt the Wumpus=$+wintro:@pemit %#=[repeat(=-=, 26)]%R%R[center(* Welcome to 'HUNT THE WUMPUS' *, 78)]%R%RThe wumpus lives in a cave of 20 rooms. Each room has 3 tunnels leading to other rooms (look at a dodecahedron to see how this works - if you don't know what a dodecahedron is, ask someone). Your task is to track down the wumpus and shoot it, without being killed yourself. %R%R[center(* Please type '+whelp' for commands or '+wintro2' for more *, 78)]%R%R[repeat(=-=, 26)]
&HELP2 Hunt the Wumpus=$+wintro2:@pemit %#=[repeat(=-=, 26)]%R%R[center(* HUNT THE WUMPUS *, 78)]%R%R HAZARDS: %R%R BOTTOMLESS PITS - %R%TTwo rooms have bottomless pits in them. If you go there, you fall into the pit (and lose).%R%R SUPER BATS - %R%TTwo other rooms have Super Bats. If you go there, a bat grabs you and takes you to some other room at random (which may be troublesome). %R%R WUMPUS - %R%TThe wumpus is not bothered by hazards (it has sucker feet and is too big for a bat to lift). Usually it is asleep. Two things wake it up: You shooting an arrow, or you entering its room. If the wumpus wakes up, it moves one room away or it stays still. If it is where you are, it eats you up and you lose! %R%R[center(* Please type '+whelp' for commands or '+wintro3' for more *, 78)]%R%R[repeat(=-=, 26)]
&HELP3 Hunt the Wumpus=$+wintro3:@pemit %#=[repeat(=-=, 26)]%R%R[center(* HUNT THE WUMPUS *, 78)]%R%R YOU: %R%REach turn you may either move one room away, or shoot a crooked arrow. %R%R MOVING - %R%TYou can move one room (through one tunnel). %R%RCommand: +wmove <Room> %RExample: +wmove 10 %R%R ARROWS - %R%TYou have five arrows. You lose when you run out. Each arrow can go from 1 to 5 rooms. You aim by picking which room you want it to head towards, and how many rooms you want it to fly. After the first room, it moves at random to the next room. If the arrow hits the wumpus, you win. If the arrow hits you, you lose. %R%RCommand: +wshoot <Room>/<Distance> %RExample: +wshoot 10/4 %R%R[center(* Please type '+whelp' for commands or '+wintro4' for more *, 78)]%R%R[repeat(=-=, 26)]
&HELP4 Hunt the Wumpus=$+wintro4:@pemit %#=[repeat(=-=, 26)]%R%R[center(* HUNT THE WUMPUS *, 78)]%R%R WARNINGS: %R%R%TWhen you are one room away from the wumpus, a Super Bat, or a pit, the computer issues a warning.%R%R%T[ljust(WUMPUS:, 12)]'I smell a wumpus' %R%t[ljust(BAT:, 12)]'Bats nearby' %R%T[ljust(PIT:, 12)]'I feel a draft' %R%R CREDITS: %R%T'Hunt the Wumpus' was developed by Gregory Yob. It was first published by 'Creative Computing' in their September/October 1975 issue. A description of it can be found in 'Basic Computer Games', Edited by David h. Ahl (1980). It was generally played on such systems as a TRS-80 Model I with Level 1 basic, 4 Kilobytes of memory and no permanent storage. %R%R[center(* Please type '+whelp' for commands or '+wumpus' to play *, 78)]%R%R[repeat(=-=, 26)]
&HELP Hunt the Wumpus=$+whelp:@Pemit %#=[repeat(=-=, 26)]%R%R[center(* HUNT THE WUMPUS *, 78)]%R%R COMMANDS: %R%R[rjust(To Start, 30)] - +wumpus %R[rjust(To Move, 30)] - +wmove <room> %R[rjust(To Shoot, 30)] - +wshoot <Room>/<Distance> %R[rjust(High Scores, 30)] - +whigh %R%R[repeat(=-=, 26)]
@Adesc Hunt the Wumpus=@pemit %#=[center(* Please type '+wintro' for instructions *, 78)]%R
&WINNER-CMD Hunt the Wumpus=$+whigh:@pemit %#=[repeat(=-=, 26)]%R%R[center(* HUNT THE WUMPUS *, 78)]%R[center( - High Scores - ,78)]%R%R[iter(revwords(sort(parse(lattr(me/WIN_*), ##))), [rjust(name(after(##,_)), 40)] = [first(v(##),_)] WINS!,,%R)]%R%R[repeat(=-=, 26)]
&WIPER-CMD Hunt the Wumpus=$+wumpwipe*:@switch %0=num(me),{@pemit %#=Game [num(me)] Memory Wiped.;@wipe me/WIN_*)},@pemit %#=error()
&WIN_#14 Hunt the Wumpus=13_#14
&WIN_#37 Hunt the Wumpus=1_#37
&LOC_#12 Hunt the Wumpus=5
&ARROWS_#12 Hunt the Wumpus=4
&BAT_ROOMS_#12 Hunt the Wumpus=6 19
&PIT_ROOMS_#12 Hunt the Wumpus=15 1
&WUMPUS_#12 Hunt the Wumpus=16
@set Hunt the Wumpus=SAFE
@set Hunt the Wumpus=WIZARD
Void
Void
Admin